Thursday, February 3, 2011

I MISS HIM!


 I find myself lately thinking a lot about this special person and how I really wish he were here.  I find myself still looking for him to come around the corner when I am visiting his sweet companion. But he never comes. One year ago this month this special person passed away and man do I ever miss him. I miss that voice saying " Jilla Pilla".  That man is my loving Popo.  If you ever want to hear great story, a joke, or great advice this was the man to talk to. He could go on for hours and hours with stories. I especially enjoyed and loved the stories of him and grandma. I always loved the way he loved and adored my grandma. He used to always say to me, "SHE'S MY GIRL, ISN'T SHE BEAUTIFUL."  If anyone wants to know how to treat a lady that man was a prime example of how to treat a women like a queen. I remember I used to crawl up in my Popo's lap and snuggle with him he used to always say , "you're my love bug" and then he would say to my grandma, "Isn't Jill our love bug?" My grandpa would always make me feel better. He had a way with words, he always seemed to have the answers to every problem or concern I had. There was one thing that my Grandpa used to always say to me when I was having a hard he would say, " Now girl you pull up your big girl panties and move on with it." I used to hate hearing that but now in my life when there are had times I find myself thinking of what my grandpa would say and I always think of him telling me to pull up my big girl panties.


What I love most about him is he always testified of our Savior Jesus Christ. He had such a strong testimony of the gospel and in our Heavenly Father's eternal plan for us. Every chance he would get to bare testimony he would. I think that is how our Heavenly Father wants us to be as my Popo was. My Grandpa was a great Fisherman... what he will be forever known for is not being the best fisher for fish but "the best fisher of men". He is the prime example of how a person should lead there life and dedicate to doing the Lords work here on this earth.


I hope that I can lead my life as my Grandpa did. He left a lasting impression on many peoples lives. I miss him dearly and I look forward to the time in the eternities when I can crawl up in his lap and he can say to me you're my love bug.   

5 comments:

Milich 411 said...

I really like this post. What a great example Grandpa was to all of us! A wonderful man who holds a special place in our hearts. I'm greatful to know that we will get to be with him again someday :)

Milich 411 said...

p.s. your blog looks really good!

4 barkers said...

he truly is an amazing person. He may not of been my grandpa by blood but he sure treated me like his grand daughter. I'll never forget what he's done for my family and myself. I sure do miss him! I teared up reading your blog. A happy cry though, I'll never forget his stories. I owe a lot to papa.

The Staley Daily said...

Jill,
This is a beautiful post! I can't believe it's almost been a year. We are so lucky to know we will see him again! Your blog is super cute by the way. Hope you are doing well. I know you are super busy but we should meet for lunch one of these days, I miss you girly! Love you!

G-G said...

Jillian, such a nice tribute to my sweetheart....I miss him so much...I am grateful to know that we will be together again some day. It doesn't seem possible that it has almost been a whole year....it seems like yesterday. Love you, grandma